Monday, June 14, 2010

Donald Glover for Spiderman update!:

It seems this Spiderman movie is getting ugly with the list of possible actors getting longer and longer.

In addition to our favorite Donald Glover the other names added to Sony and Marc Webb’s short list are Jamie Bell; Andrew Garfield; Alden Ehrenreich; Frank Dillane; and Josh Hutcherson and now Kick Ass star Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin, from Terminator: Salvation and Star Trek have been added.  Supposedly Jamie Bell is the front-runner.

Many comic book artist and writers have weighed in on the subject many in support of Donald Glover.  In fact Artist Chris DiBari and Chris Walker just finished this amazing piece of artwork showing Donald as Spidey!

This is what they had to say:
“Donald Glover owns on Community! I think he’ll be the next big thing very soon. I had a lot of fun working on the piece.”- Chris DiBari
“Community is hands down one the best shows on TV and Donald always delivers as Troy. When I heard about ‘Donald for Spider-Man’ I hit up DiBari to jam on a piece together because we’re both big fans of the show!”- Chris Walker
Even the great Stan Lee creator of Spiderman chimed in by talking about Donald to MTV:
 "He's a great actor. I've seen him, and he's terrific," Lee said when asked what he thought of Glover.
"A lot of my Twitter followers have been saying that he ought to have a chance to audition for the role. So I tweeted back by saying, as far as I'm concerned ... anybody should have a chance to audition for the role. I certainly think he should have a chance to audition."
"Everybody seems to be familiar with Spider-Man, so I say that it isn't that it's a racial issue - it's just that it might be confusing to people. But that's a matter for the people at Marvel to take into consideration. I certainly don't want to weigh in on it in any way, except to say I think Glover is a fine actor."
Fingers crossed everybody.  Keep checking back! And Check out these articles for more:

3 comments:

NBC's Community