Monday, June 7, 2010

And the Winner is Ken Jeong!


Not only did Ken Jeong just win “Best WTF moment” for his performance in The Hangover, this weekend at the MTV movie Awards he had the most sentimental speech at the awards show.  People magazine has the story where he thanks his wife who was battling breast cancer at the time of the filming for making him do the film. 

From People online:
Ken Jeong, who famously played the naked crime lord in The Hangover, was a scene-stealer again Sunday at the MTV Movie Awards, honoring his wife's battle against breast cancer with a moving tribute and tears onstage and backstage. 
"Todd [Phillips] and Bradley Cooper ... helped me through a really difficult time when my wife was going through breast-cancer treatment," an emotional Jeong, 40, said in accepting the award for Best WTF Moment. "The reason why I did this is that she taught me that life is short, and don't be afraid to take chances." 
Jeong's wife Tran, who has been cancer free for two years, beamed from her seat inside the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles
Tears welled up again backstage as Jeong talked more about his wife, with whom he has twin daughters Alexa and Zooey. "She is the brave one and just my best friend, my inspiration," he said. "I'm just really grateful. ... I was just celebrating her. This whole night is about celebrating her." 

Check out people online for the full story:

No comments:

Post a Comment

NBC's Community